Friday, January 15, 2010

2. Where is your favorite place on campus and what makes this place attractive to you?


Oh where do I begin... well, this is actually my first semester as a student at FGCU so I really have not spent much time on campus recently. I say recently because back during my Senior year of High School (2004) I was on campus a whole lot visiting friends.
The campus has changed in many ways. I would have to say though that my favorite place on campus today is the same as it was years ago. I feel many people would say the same thing... but the beach front. It is not my favorite for the obvious reason of it being a beach, but because of the calming nature it holds. Though sometimes it is fun to be on a crowded beach, I more often than not prefer a more secluded area.
Years ago I used to walk out there with friends in the daytime, and since the student population was not as big as it is now, it really was nice and quiet. There hadn't been much development on the opposite bank so it really felt like a secluded place. At night, it was pretty incredible to sit and watch the sky. Being so close to the airport you could easily see all the airplanes lined up and ready for landing. You could count them, one-two-three-four-five... perfectly placed apart.
The beach area is still a really amazing place to hang out. It is crazy to see all the new buildings and such on the far side, it's a lot brighter at night. Now that I am a student (though I am a commuter) I hope to be able to utilize the boat rentals and enjoy some time out on the water, not just on land.
The beach front may not be as calm and quiet as it once was, but that's a good thing. FGCU is growing and it is nice to see the school, and the students, utilize it's great features.

No comments:

Post a Comment