Thursday, January 14, 2010

1. Reflect upon your expectations for learning and outcomes from this colloquium class.


Well... here goes.
This is my first ever blog so I am not sure how well I will be at this. Even when everyone was using "LiveJournal" back in middle school, I wasn't interested. It is now required of me for actually a few of my classes, so I guess I will get the hang of it.

I have now had my first meeting of my Colloquium class (last tuesday). I will have to admit, though many students don't seem to be too excited... I am. I mean, when do you really get "field trips" in school anymore.

Though I know there is a lot to learn, I do feel as though this course will be more of a reminder to me. I realize I will be learning a lot more of the specifics and history of the environment, but I am an avid recycler so I feel maybe I have a leg up.

I was also very blessed to have gone to a wonderful elementary school, Edison Park Elementary. While some middle schools were dissecting animal eyes, I had already dissected a shark by the time I was in 5th grade. We took many trips throughout my years there, to places many other didn't get to go. When we went to the swamps, we didn't take the boardwalk, but would actually go wading through the mangroves. I heard that my former 5th grades teachers, Dr. & Mrs. Miller were actually leaders of a past Colloquium class, which would not surprise me at all. They are the best, and so passionate about the environment.

I do hope to get a better understanding of some of the organizations here in the area that are supportive of the environment. I have grown up in Fort Myers, but just like everyone else, can miss the thing around us.

So, here is to a new year and a new realization of all the things I do not know.


No comments:

Post a Comment